Wednesday 30 January 2013

Allotment Notebook 7. Hedgehogs & Magpies

uncensored extracts from Greg Becker's allotment diary



Translation:

The Distressing Tale of Magpies (Magpie Behaviour 1)

Magpie- "I wonder whats making all that noise"
Songbird Chicks- " Help!"
Songbirds- "its us" "its nothing" "nice day for a song" "oh God!" "its all over"

Magpies are the gestapo of the bird world
Its 'one for sorrow' because one is enough to raid a nest

Boys may find them dead in a field and carry them home in a prams*
no doubt they have been shot by the resistance 
au lait

*childhood memory











2 comments:

  1. I like the picture of the woman holding up the hedgehog.

    Hmm I'm sure I posted a comment on the holy grail post but now i can't see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think its clearly drawn but the hedgehog is supposed to be impaled on the unfortunate gardeners hand (always wear thick gloves when there's hedgehogs about!) I've checked my comments including the spam ones but I didn't see your holy grail comment perhaps it was intercepted by the vatican.

    ReplyDelete